Hello Pugsly

Hello Pugsly

Monday 27 January 2014

Rather Be

Clean Bandit - Rather Be. I'm adding this monster of a tune to my Dance Dance playlist as when I hear it I just want to dance. Unfortunately, I tend to hear this song on the train or at work - not the best places to start having a little jig. However, me and the main character of the video seem to have that in common. The girl in the video is listening and singing to the track as she goes about her usual activities. I can whole heartedly say that I often catch myself acting in such a manner.


I really like this track as it is very different to Clean Bandit's usual tracks. Clean Bandit's music has been described as 'fusion' music, mixing electronic music with classical. Although they hate the word 'fusion' which I read recently in an article. I like their music as it is a bit different, compared to normal dance tracks. But I personally enjoy singing along as I dance, which is why I prefer Rather Be compared to Mozart's House and Dust Clears. Rather Be reached number one on Sunday - a well deserved chart position. The group have been together since 2009, but got their breakthrough in 2012 with A+E, and then Mozart's House which reached number 17 in the charts. 



I really enjoy listening to this song - it has been on repeat for the majority of today! Excellent track and I hope Clean Bandit have many future successes!

No comments:

Post a Comment