Hello Pugsly

Hello Pugsly

Sunday 13 October 2013

Video Games

A few days ago I went to my station at my usual time to get my usual train to work...this did not happen. There were major delays and cancelations due to signal failures. This led to around 100 city workers and secondary school children standing around the platforms waiting for a train. Needless to say it was pretty stressful, as lots of people were getting annoyed and complaining to the poor station staff. Due the stressful situation I decided to put on my headphones and block out the complaining commuters by playing Lana Del Rey's Video Games (and the rest of her album) at full volume. 

I find Lana's music is an instant relaxant and so when a train finally arrived...which was packed, I was able to react in a calm way and wait for the next train to arrive 15 minutes later. The second train that approached the platform was relatively empty and I was able to get a seat meaning I could listen to Lana's album in peace. In the end I was an hour late for work and arrived half way through my morning meeting, but I arrived in a calm manner thanks the Lana Del Ray's soothing sounds. Lana Del Ray has been added to my Train Delays or rather my calming soundtrack. After listening to Lana's music again I can't help but feel super chilled out.

No comments:

Post a Comment