Hello Pugsly

Hello Pugsly

Monday 20 January 2014

Toothpaste Kisses


Following on from my post a few weeks ago about 'Happy' By Pharrell Williams, I decided to make a soundtrack to my life of happy songs. Songs that can improve your day not matter what you're mood or what possibley horrible tasks you face. While there are many songs that lighten my mood I listened to 'Toothpaste Kisses' by The Maccabees. I listen to this song at least once a week, even though it was released in 2007. 

The song has a beautiful guitar and whistling solo. What I like about the song so much is the simple melodies that compliment each other, and that the lyrics don't over do it. The lyrics aren't about undying love or how much you want to have sex with someone, but something much simpler - Toothpaste kisses. One of my favourite lines is 'Lay with me, I'll lay with you. We'll do the things that lovers do'. Its one of my favourites as everyone loves a cuddle! It is a simple love song, with not that many words (probably why I like it so much, as it's easy to sing along to). But in the song's instrumental sessions is the song's beauty as it is subtle, and to quote an age old saying, 'less is more'. I love this song, and always puts a positive spin on my day as it evoke memories of fun and cuddles over the years. 


No comments:

Post a Comment